- Zero air emission, no smokestack, no downwind public health risk
- No cross-border acid rain deforestation/pollution.
- Excess water available for agriculture and drinking.
- Projected CO2 emission savings = 3.2 million tonnes from 20 plants.
- Replacement and/or conversion of old uneconomic smokestack industries.
- Cleanup of leaching landfills sites - benefit to aquifers, marine life & water supply.
- Energy production from waste reducing reliance on fossil fuels.
- No government subsidies required once operational.
- Clean waste management with reduced environmental taxes & business charges.
- Reduces landfill & deterrent against ''fly'' tipping from low waste disposal charges.
- True recycling. Pre-sorting not essential, reduces public compliance to sort waste.
- Inner city location - low profile & safety features - low waste transport imprint.
- High EfW/CHP efficiency - low energy costs for industry - competitive advantage.
- Stimulation of commerce from by-product sales & lower cost of industrial gases.
- Higher employment created locally around ECLIPS sites
- Overcomes ''NIMBY'' objection – no smokestack – no emissions
- Surpasses worldwide environmental emission standards.
- Enables governments to comply with Global Climate Treaties.
- Enables EU governments to meet landfill directives - saving £0.5 million/day fines.
- Political vote winner - stimulates lower environmental community taxes.